Thursday, August 7, 2008

Victoria

This past weekend I went to Victoria with my mom and my little brother Connor. I was really excited about going - but a little bit nervous about it as well. Mostly because I decided to leave Aiden at home with Matt. It was the first time that I had left Aiden for more than a few hours - and the first time that Matt had watched him for more than a few hours. But, everything turned out great. Matt and Aiden had a lot of fun at home together and I don't think that either one missed me that much. And even though I missed both of them, I really enjoyed my time away! It was so nice to be able to sleep in a little bit and to be able to go wherever you want whenever you want, and to not have to worry about dragging a baby along!

The first day I was there, me and my mom went to Butchart Gardens. It is beautiful there! I can't believe how many different kinds of plants and flowers there are. It really made me wish that I could have a garden, but probably if I tried to grow anything, it would be dead within a week! haha! Anyways, here are a few pictures from the gardens.






The next day we went to the ocean for a little bit. It was really chilly and windy out - and we weren't too anxious to go - but I think it's a rule that you have to go to the ocean when you are so close to it. So, we did. Even though it was really cold out - it was still really pretty. But also SUPER smelly! And it's not really an inviting ocean, like in Hawaii or Mexico or someplace like that.



After our pit stop at the ocean - we went to the Parliament building. It is such a grand looking building. Really neat! We were going to go on a tour - but we ended up not having enough time. Oh well. Maybe it would have been boring anyways.


After the parliament adventure - we went and picked up my brother Connor and went for a delicious lunch at Fisherman's Wharf. We had real fish and chips and some delicious crab legs. Yummy! I look really creepy in this picture. I was trying to show off the crab claw - but I just look like a nerd. Oh well.


The main reason that we went to Victoria was because Connor was in a big week-long vocal camp "Viva Voice" or something like that. It was about 40 kids from Alberta and BC, aged 14-18. They were all hand-picked by the lady that ran the camp, so they were all INCREDIBLE singers! They put on a big concert on the last night of the camp - it went for like, 4 hours or something crazy like that. But it was super good. Everyone sang a solo, and they had a choir number, some creative dancing (super funny! Connor laughed during the entire thing. Needless to say, the instructor wasn't overly impressed) and then a big number at the end that was a bunch of songs from different musicals. That was my favorite part! I always want to be in something like that, with singing and dancing and a lot of people - it would be super fun! Anyways, Connor was really good. He is so talented - and I was really glad that I got to go and watch him! Here he is doing his solo!


We had one full day together when Connor's camp was finished. We had originally planned on going whale watching - but it was WAY to cold. So, we did some shopping and went to the museum.




Then we took a water taxi back to our hotel - which was right on the ocean. Super nice!


All in all - a really great trip! Thanks Mama!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am glad to see that you liked Victoria and got to see all the main stuff in the inner Harbour! Too bad about the smelly beach!!

Nikki said...

It sounds like you had a fun trip, it was probably nice to not wake up and deal with a baby first thing for a few days, hey?

Elder Connor Thompson said...

Your welcome - it was really fun!!

the fellers said...

ooooo....I love your new header! YOu are so cute!