Sunday, September 7, 2008

Calgary Zoo

Last weekend we went on a little overnight trip to Calgary. We spent the night in a super classy hotel (ha ha!) My brother Darrin saw a deal on the internet for Super 8. For a few days, at 8:00 they had 800 rooms available for $8.88/night. Not too shabby! We were lucky enough to get one at that rate for us and for my parents. So, it wasn't the nicest hotel we've ever stayed in - but you definately can't beat the price!

The next day we had a quick breakfast with my Grandma Pat and Uncle Jay. We haven't seen either of them for a super long time and it was really nice . Then all of the big boys went to the Labor Day Classic and the girls and the little boys spent the day at the Calgary Zoo. I LOVE the Calgary Zoo - it's soo nice! Everyone should go! It was a pretty chilly day - but still a lot of fun! We got to see a lot of really cute animals - including the new baby elephant, the baby gorilla, and the baby giraffe. Super cute!!


Mama and Baby Giraffe


Mama and Baby Gorilla


Baby Elephant - I LOVE her hair!


Me and Aiden


Grandma and Aiden


I LOVED watching Aiden's expressions while
he was watching the animals. So cute!!




Aiden all comfy and cozy in his stroller


They had this super cute little bench by the baby elephant!
I think it makes a sweet picure!




1 comment:

Nikki said...

Okay, allow me to sit here for a minute and be jealous of your mixer, lol...Anyways, I'm glad that you had such a good anniversary. Was it really chicken pox that Aiden had? We had a scare with Caleb the other week, but it turned out to be nothing. But now we're going through pink eye with him, which isn't a lot more fun. I'd hazard a guess that it's worse, having to put those drops in his eyes. Anyways, glad to hear you had fun in Calgary as well, you're always off doing something fun. Just thought I'd mention it, but on the RS blog, the birthdays are still for the month of August. Anywho, talk to you later:)