Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Stupid Dr. Megaman!


I've been in Medicine Hat for the past few days spending time with the family and with my pal Lianne. I was going to go home today since I had a doctors appointment to go to tomorrow. I phoned the office to verify what time my appointment was at - and they told me it was actually last Thursday. Then they proceeded to tell me that I have to pay them $75.oo for missing an appointment before they will see me again for anything. I mentioned that I must have been a bit confused about the dates, and that they hadn't called to confirm, and that I thought it would be a good idea if they just gave me a warning. They didn't think any of that mattered.
So.....guess I'm finding a new doctor!! haha! I don't really feel like paying a bunch of money to a place where I don't even like going. Plus I'm mad at them (even though it was my fault)
So wish me luck in the doctor hunt!!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Yikes!!! That's a hefty fine.

I kind of understand their reasoning as there are so many people who do not care to cancel and just don't show up, so it is a bit of money out of one's pocket when they could have filled the spot, if they had known.

However.......it REALLY freaks me out too about forgetting appointments or wondering why they haven't called or whatever. Ask my kids....I go NUTS when it gets close to an appointment time and I think we aren't going to get there before they charge me. I always threaten "You'll have to pay the fine if you make us late!!!" LOL!

It's nerve wracking. So I empathize with you. Hope you find another doctor soon! Good luck.

Nikki said...

Urg, that is so frustrating. I could understand if they'd confirmed the appointment and then you missed it, but if they didn't even bother to confirm then they obviously don't care all too much about their patients. I hope everything goes well with your hunt for a doctor. I understand how hard it is to find a good one, which is why I travelled so much with both boys (2 hours away for every appointment is a lot, but was totally worth it). And to answer the question you left on my blog, no big birthday plans here, but I always get to hear the prophet around my birthday, which is nice:) John and I will probably just make some popcorn or something and watch Stargate.

Alana said...

That is super dumb> IF they had told you about the policy when you made that appointment I would understand but to bring it out of nowhere is stupid and unfair.

I hope everything is going good in your pregnancy - way smarter than me to be pregnant in the winter rather than all summer

mykideatsdirt said...

When did they start charging fines?! This is new to me! Chloe missed a dentist appointment last week and I called them and told them we wouldn't be able to make it (they HAD called me the day before too) and they booked Chloe for the same time the very next day! No fines!

Yeah, finding a good Dr is very hard. I wish you a ton of luck!! :)