Friday, October 16, 2009

Friends Off

Dear Aiden,

We were going to have a fun day today. I took you to the library, we went to see dad at work, and then we went to the mall to find you a new backpack like your cousin Max has. At lunch time you started freaking out in the food court because I needed you back in the stroller. You are very hard to get in the stroller when you are flailing and screaming....but I was successful. You wouldn't stop screaming - everyone was staring at us - I decided to take you home. We went outside and you screamed even harder.....we got all kinds of good looks. You agreed to be good if we went inside again to get some food, and you were. Then we went to play with the trains. We played with them for a LONG time, and then it was time to go home. You did NOT want to do that!! You were freaking out so bad that I couldn't get you back in the stroller, so I had to carry you - and push the stroller - all the way through the mall and out to the car. You aren't a little boy anymore.....it wasn't that fun or easy. And you screamed and bawled the ENTIRE way. I wanted to scream and bawl back at you.....you are probably lucky that I didn't. (But I do wonder what our audience would have thought about that. hmmmmm)
Now you are in your bed screaming and bawling..........I'm going to leave you there for quite a bit longer. You need a nap and I need a break. Hopefully both of those things happen and then we can be friends again.

Love,
your mom

3 comments:

Nielsen6 said...

Oh, aren't almost 2 year old tantrums the best! Sorry you had to experience that in the mall. Hannah's favorite spot is in the library - they love us there!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

ooohh we had that last week, and i did want to cry right along with him, ugh, not a fun age in some area's!

Lynn said...

Hugs!!!

Hope the next day was a better one. : D