Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It's A.............

OK.....So I think most of you saw this on facebook already, but I thought I'd put it here too.
I just had another ultrasound - and we found out that we are having..........
A BABY BOY!
I will admit that when the tech told me, I was a little bit sad. (I really want a little girl!) So, I left the ultrasound not feeling overly excited....happy that everything looked ok......but not jumping up and down excited. Later I was talking with my best friend Lianne - she was super excited for me and said "I can totally picture you with two little boys!" I don't know why something so simple made such a big difference - but it did. A soon as she said that I started thinking about how much fun it will be to have two little boys in our home. Aiden is so much fun, and I can only imagine what it will be like with two. So, I have warmed up to the idea! It's going to be great!

We went shopping last night to get a few things for Aiden. We talked ourselves into buying a few things that we normally wouldn't have, just because we now know that we can use them for two different boys. It will be nice that they can share clothes (because Aiden has TONS) and toys (which he also has TONS of). And hopefully the two of them will grow up being best buds!

Anyways, here is a picture of our little guy. There wasn't too many good shots from the ultrasound - but I really like how his little legs look. Very cute!


In other news, I have had quite the adventure with doctor stuff. Since I was 'fired' from my last office - I have been desperately trying to find a new doctor. I called every office in Airdrie - no one is taking patients. I went and got a list of doctors accepting new patients (it was the newest version - from August), called those numbers, they are all full now too. I finally called the maternity clinic at the Peter Lougheed - where you go if you can't find a doctor. They said I just needed a referral to go there. I went to my old doctor to see if they would give me one, they said not until I paid my fee. So I left there. Went to another place, but they couldn't give me one either. I started bawling and I felt really stupid, but they were super nice and gave me some numbers to call. Did that and still no one would see me.
Finally I phoned my mom! Mom's always have the answer! There is a doctor in her ward that agreed to send a referral for me, and she booked another ultrasound for me. So, I got in touch with the clinic at the Peter Lougheed - they are so busy that the earliest they could see me was in December sometime (I will be 26 weeks by the time it's December). I haven't had any check-ups, no one has listened to a heartbeat, nothing. Matt was pretty mad that I could be so far along in my pregnancy without really having any medical care at all. It does seem a bit crazy! But that was that.
Then today Matt's receptionist from work phoned. She is pregnant - having twins, very fun! And she heard from Matt about what's been going on. She was pretty upset about it and talked to her ob/gyn about me. And they agreed to take me!! So, I finally have a doctor again! I am so excited/relieved/happy/thankful/etc! This new doctor has already looked at my ultrasound stuff, she's very on the ball. She's sending me for one more ultrasound because they couldn't see the right ventricle - so I will go for that next week and make sure everything is ok. And then we will go from there I guess.

Now we just have to settle on a name.............hmmm............

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh wow! You have totally earned the right to bawl! My goodness.....I have never heard anything so outrageous! "We" (that's the royal we) boast of a great FREE health care system.....and that no one goes without care.....but here you are pregnant and every Dr. is refusing to take you on. Sick!

SOoooo happy you have a new doctor. The Lord truly is mindful. Cute ultrasound pic. I sure wish I had had those when I was expecting my kids.

And congrats on having another boy! Girls can come later. Now your little man will have a best bud to hang out with. : D

Alana said...

Totally with you on the feeling a little sad when finding it out it was a second boy. It took both Jarrett and me a little while to get excited as we both really wanted a girl. But wouldn't trade Parker for anything.

That is crazy about your doctor situation (I was just thinking that at my OB they would probably be happy if someone didn't show up as they are always overbooked and behind). I'm glad you finally found someone

Ambs said...

I'm secretly really happy that you are having another boy. Although, I'm sorry that it's not a girl! You'll probably have a girl next... But it will be really cute to see Aiden playing with a little brother! :D
I do understand though--I've always wanted to have lots of girls. Probably comes from my love of the movie Little Women...