Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Yesterday was my first official Mother's Day and it was a great one. Matt tried to get up early with Aiden so that I could sleep in. Unfortunately, Aiden has been sick for the past few days and felt like I should be awake too. So, he screamed until he got his way. Oh well. It is the thought that counts. After church, our friends Ben and Lianne and their little guy Cameron came over. Matt cooked up a delicious meal - steak, shrimp, stuffed potatos, corn, salad and garlic bread - followed by banana splits! YUMMY! Then we went to the park and played a little bit. Matt and Aiden got me a super nice camera bag and a book for doing Photoshop stuff. I'm excited to try it all out. Thank you Matt (and Aiden) - you are great!
I am so thankful for the opportunity that I have to be a mother. I am so lucky that I get to stay home with Aiden and watch him learn and grow and become a fun little boy. I am so thankful that I am married to someone who appreciates and supports everything that I do as a mom. I am so grateful for all of the wonderful mothers that are in my life - I learn something new from each one of you. I'm especially grateful for my own mom - she is amazing and I couldn't do what I'm doing without her help. So, Happy late Mother's Day everyone!


No comments: