Sunday, July 19, 2009

New York - Day One!

Well - I have been doing pretty bad at this blogging thing lately. Oh well.
Anyways, Matt had a few weeks off of work, so we decided to go on a little trip to
NEW YORK CITY!!
My parents agreed to watch Aiden - so off we went for a much needed (or at least much wanted) vacation. We had never been away without Aiden before for more than a night or two. It was so awesome to be childless again for a few days! (even though we did miss Aiden a whole bunch)

Back to the trip. We went for 6 days, and Matt's parents and his younger sister came with us. We had such a fun time together - I LOVED pretty much everything.

This is what I looked like for most of the trip -which is why
I will probably be posting pics not all at once. I took so many pictures - crazy!

Day One - we arrived in New York in the early evening. So we had a few hours to walk around and see a few of the sights. Our hotel was just 2 blocks from Times Square - perfect location. Definitely not the Plaza - but it worked for what we needed.

So, here's Times Square. The pictures don't do it justice! This place is CRAZY busy!
So many people and taxis and billboards and so much NOISE!! Very Fun!



After walking around for a bit, we went for a delicious supper at Bubba Gump Shrimp. Yummy!

And then off to Matt's heaven - the M&M Factory! Look how happy he is!
So many M&M's. There were huge tubes like this all over the store -
with every kind of flavor imaginable.



Then we did a bit of shopping at the Hershey's store. We got these sweet Factory Worker hats.
We looked like nerds - Oh well!



And what better way to end your first night then to see the Naked Cowgirl!! Super SICKO!!
I would have preferred the Naked Cowboy I think.
Lots more to come - but not now. I'm too sleepy!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

WOW! New York, eh? Looks like LOADS of fun! I think I would of died and gone to heaven with ALL that chocolate around me!

Janae said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! Now I’m patiently waiting for the rest of the days...
:)