Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday!

Well, I am officially an old woman - eeeek!! This weekend I turned the big 2-5
and boy was it a birthday to remember!! Matt is AMAZING!

The celebrations started Friday night when my very best friend and her family arrived Friday night. Matt had secretly arranged for them to come and spend the weekend with us. I was SO happy to see them! Me and Lianne used to hang out almost every day when we still lived in Edmonton. It's been lonely here without her! She is fantastic!
(We look super sicko in this picture - but every time we are together we still take one like this - not sure why)

The little boys were also SUPER excited to see eachother! They were screaming -happily- and laughing and played great together all weekend. They would always sneak off together and we could always hear them laughing and laughing. Very cute!! I love them!

Anyways, back to the birthday celebrations! Saturday morning I woke up to a DELICIOUS breakfast that Matt made - waffles with whip cream, strawberries, blueberries, some other kind of berries, bacon, eggs, the whole works. Delicious! Then we decided to spend the day at Calaway Park. It had been a super long time since any of us had been there - and we thought the boys would really like it. So, off we went!

Matt and Aiden on the Dinosaur Egg ride - not Aiden's favorite.
Aiden and Cameron on the Tot Yachts - definately Aiden's favorite ride ever!
He could have stayed on it all day!
OK - I look like a giant nerd in this picture - but you had to see Aiden.
This is how he looked after getting off of the Tot-Yacht ride. And that look pretty much
stayed with him all day unless he was on it. awesome!
Aiden waiting in line for the ride. This was pretty much the only time he had to
wait in line where he wasn't screaming his head off.
Riding the horses. This used to be my favorite ride - Aiden, not so much.
Ben and Lianne
and Me and Matt - such a sweet romantic picture!

After Calaway Park we went home where Matt cooked up another
delicious meal. BBQ Steak, garlic shrimp, baked potatoes, salad - yummy!!
And then it was time for.........
The birthday cupcake!! SUPER YUMMY!
(Matt got them here - you should go there!)



I got spoiled me rotten this year with all of the presents.
Lianne and family got me this really sweet set of picture frames that you use to make a photo collage thing on your wall. I am so excited to set it all up - and I'll be sure to show you once I do!

Matt really outdid himself this year. He got me..............
this super girly movie

this remote for my camera.....this light for my camera....
and this brand new beautiful camera.......the Nikon D90!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

Before my birthday, Matt asked me what my best birthday ever was. I have had some pretty sweet birthdays growing up - but I am pretty sure that this one wins the prize! Way to go Matt!! You are amazing! I LOVE YOU!!

7 comments:

Alana said...

a great birthday! Hope you have fun with all those great new things

Janae said...

How fun! I'm glad you had such a memorable birthday. It's awesome when they last more than one day! I love Shopaholic! Have you read the books? They are so good!

Nielsen6 said...

Way to go Matt - you did a great job! Kari, trust me, 25 is not old - in fact I'm pretty sure you are still a baby!

Lynn said...

25 old?? LOL!

Way to go Matt! What an awesome guy you got there Kari!!!

Will we be seeing you guys in a little village not far from here on Wed.? Hmmm?? : D

The Gibb Family said...

Yeah - we will definitely be in the billage for the big Canada Day celebrations. We'll only be there in the morning though. I'm sure that we will see each other!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

wow, sounds like a great birthday! and way to go Matt! TOTALLY brownie ponts for him!

mykideatsdirt said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Oh, to be 25 again! ;P Sounds like you had a spectacular day! :D