Saturday, January 10, 2009

I am just realizing that I didn't write an official "Welcome 2009" post. So, here it is! Welcome 2009!! Last year was a really great year for us, and I hope that this year will be just as good, and maybe even a teeny bit better!

It's going to be a big year for our family. The biggest thing is that Matt finishes school at the end of April. Yippee!! I am so so so excited for him to be done. That means we get to leave Edmonton - which is a bit sad, but mostly not - and start a new phase of our lives. I can't wait! We still don't know where we are going to end up - but I'm pretty sure it will be somewhere in southern alberta. Right now it's looking like Medicine Hat or Brooks - but nothing is certain yet. Hopefully soon though. It will be a busy time in the next little while - finding a job, a place to live, moving, starting a job, all of that fun stuff. So, busy - but a good busy!!

Since it is a New Year - it is also time to make those fantastic New Year's Resolutions. Something I always make but never seem to get committed to. I've made a few for this year - and I hope that I can do a lot better at them!

1. get back into the habit of reading my scriptures. I've done pretty sucky lately!!

2. have Family Home Evening. This is something that Matt and I have never been good at. I'm not sure why, but we haven't. And it's something that we need to be good at - especially now that we have Aiden. He's at an age where he doesn't really sit still for any period of time - it will be fun and interesting!

3. do better at being a mother/homemaker. I really need to learn how to cook more. It's not that I don't know how - more that I don't really like to. But that shouldn't matter - I need to. Especially since I am the one at home all day. I also really need to make a way bigger effort on keeping my house clean. I always say to myself - once I have more room and my own house, I will keep it so clean. Why not start now though?! Seems a bit silly to me not to. I also need to do a better job of spending quality time with Aiden and teaching him more!

4. be more active. it's always so hard in the winter - but i need to find something to keep me moving. (maybe some zumba or turbo jam!!) I would really like to get into better shape so that I can feel better about myself. Since having Aiden - I've had a super negative attitude about the way I look and it affects a lot of aspects in my life. I need to get it figured out!

5. learn more about photography! It's such a fun hobby, but one that there is always something to learn. I don't want to just settle where I am - I want to keep improving. Hopefully I can!

Phew! That's about all of the resolutions I can handle for now. Anyways, now that I've shared them with you - please remind me about them! and make sure I am following through!

Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

kari,
Lethbridge needs more dentist's!!! :) I would love you to move here, Ethan & Aiden can can out. I love your new goals, nearly all of your i have as mine too! I LOVE to cook, LOVE to bake even more, but with 3 kids aged 5 and under it's hard, so i started a weekly menu.. it works well!!
As for your body.. don't get me started on that one! You are soo super cute and skinny, but if you don't feel good about yourself then you just don't feel good, so yeah for you for changing that. i love turbo jam too.. fun fun.!!