Thursday, June 4, 2009

Our Big Vacation

Just before we moved, we decided to go on a little family vacation. It was a bit of a reward for Matt for finishing school - and we wanted to go somewhere fun with Aiden - since we hadn't really yet. We decided to go to Vancouver/Seattle - and crazy enough, our best friends, the McMullins were going there at the same time. FUN!! So we got to hang out a bunch!

One of our first stops was at the Vancouver Aquarium.
It was really nice - and the little boys really liked it!
They are at such a fun age (most of the time!)


After a day or two in Vancouver, we drove out to Seattle.
It was really fun there!
And Matt is now addicted - he only wants to go back! haha!
Anyways, it's a beautiful city!
We "RODE THE DUCK" in Seatlle!
A super fun tour to go on - I HIGHLY recommend it to
anyone going there! You will LOVE it!
This was our captain - Captain Chaos!After the duck tour - we went to Pike Place Market.
Fun and crazy!
And Aiden RODE THE PIG!! He's making his piggy face here.
We went and ate supper at a fantastic place on the pier -
really yummy and really pretty!!
And no trip is complete without seeing the space needle.
We didn't actually go up it - just looked up at it!
When we came home we spent a bit of time at Whiterock beach
our friend Ben is from there. It was the first time that Aiden has been
to a beach - he LOVED it! As long as he didn't have to touch the sand with
his hands. We'll see if more exposure to sand changes that!

Our little buddies - so cute!Cameron - what a funny kid!
This is perhaps my favorite picture from the trip
I love everything about it!
Aiden digging on the beach - he grabbed a shovel
and walked far away from everyone else so that he could dig in private.

On our last day we went to Stanley Park - really nice!
And I'm glad we brought the shark boots -
they got used a lot!


Anyways, a super fun trip! The only crappy part was right before we left (we were at Matt's parents place) our neighbor phoned to say our house had been robbed. They didn't take too much, and they didn't vandalise stuff real bad. But I mostly didn't like the fact that someone had been in my house and had snooped around in my things. That is the reason that our move to Airdrie happened VERY quickly! I just wanted to get out of there! And I'm so glad that we did!
I LOVE it here! Matt does too - and I think Aiden is happy too! More about that later I guess!

3 comments:

the fellers said...

first off, your house got robbed?!?! SO SCARY! I am glad you moved. AND< we just went to Seattle, we werent there very long, just stopped for lunch on our way home...a 14 hour trip...but it was a very pretty city. My husband wanted to stay and live there I think...we were up in NW Washington on Whidbey Island, not sure if you knwo where that is, but my sister in law lives there, about 2 hours north of Seattle, anyway, we had to drive through twice...it was fun! I am glad you had fun!

Lynn said...

What??!!!! I read about you getting robbed and now I totally forgot everything else about your post. How scary and horrible! I know what you mean about "that" feeling. We had our van stolen right out of our yard, while we WERE home! TWICE! ALL my stuff and the kids things gone through. We never did find some of it....until the second time around. The police had a warrant out for some guy at his house and that is when our stuff was discovered. With our name and address still on it. Ewww! Creepy.
SO glad you weren't home when they came around.

Janae said...

That looks like a really fun trip! I lived in Seattle for a summer - on Vashon Island. It was really pretty there. Pike's Place freaked me out. The man was just throwing fish at everybody! It made me nervous. I'm glad you had a good time together. I have to say Aiden is my favorite to look at pictures of. He looks so cute/funny in every picture. You sure are lucky to have such a photogenic boy! (And that you are such an amazing photographer, of course!)